STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PAYMENT OF FEES
Payments can be made via Visa, MasterCard, Direct Debit, Cash or Pay ID. Please note that cheques are no longer accepted
Receipts and email reminders will be sent out to let you know when the fees are due
All lesson fees are due in advance of your first lesson.
If payment is not made by your 3rd lesson, your lesson time will be opened up for other students.
There are NO REFUNDS on unused or cancelled lessons.
Casual and Holiday lessons are charged at a higher rate.
A late fee of 1%/week overdue will be charged unless a prior arrangement has been made
LESSON CANCELLATION POLICY
1. Cancellation of a lesson must be made AT LEAST 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time in order to receive a make-up lesson (for definition of a make-up lesson, please see below).
2. “No shows” or failure to notify the teacher within 24 hours is considered a forfeited lesson.
3. No more than 2 cancellations per term.
4. If you know of dates ahead of time where you/your child cannot attend a lesson, please list these when booking and paying for your lessons.
5. There are NO refunds on unused or cancelled lessons.
6. Should you choose to take a break, unused lessons can be banked for you for a period of 3 months. Unused lessons after that time will be considered forfeited.
7. If the teacher cancels a lesson it will be the teacher’s responsibility to make the necessary adjustments at an agreed time.
8. Additional lessons agreed to by the student/parent will be charged at the same rate.
1. Any lessons cancelled at least 24 hours ahead of the scheduled lesson will receive a make-up lesson at a time convenient to both the teacher and the student.
2. Typically, make-up lessons take place at an alternate time/day within the week. In some cases, the make-up lesson will be added after/before the original lesson time, enabling the student to have an extended lesson.
3. Make-up lessons not used after 3 months will be considered forfeited.
TERMINATION OF LESSONS
1.The student may terminate lessons without monetary loss provided that at least 2 week’s notice is given.
2. The teacher will terminate lessons in the following circumstances:
I. The student has failed to notify the teacher of their absence for 2 consecutive weeks. II.The student has not paid their account in full by Week 5 of term.
III.If the student has consistently failed to do the necessary practice required without due
IV. If the student is abusive and/or non compliant
NECESSARY BOOKS & INSTRUMENTS
1. It is expected that students purchase the necessary books and instruments for tuition. It is important that students become aware of the copyright laws and begin to build their own music libraries.
2. As a courtesy, I provide some music and backing tracks as downloads via my website. This takes a significant amount of time to set up. It is expected that students use this facility to download and print music. If you are unable to use this facility, I can print music off for you at a cost of 25c/sheet.
BORROWING OF MUSIC AND EQUIPMENT PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES
It is expected that books and equipment borrowed from the teacher will be returned promptly and in the same condition as that when it was lent.
1. Participation in and exams is encouraged, for which any fee incurred is payable by the student. However, a student will not be entered without the consent of the student/ parent.
2. Participation in student concerts held during the year is encouraged. This is important for the student’s musical growth.
Consistent practice is required if any progress is to be expected.
It is important to note that the mastery of any instrument (this includes the voice) is a long process and that significant progress is only achieved when consistent practice has occurred.